Sunday 31 May 2009

Exams!!!!!!

God exams start tomorrow-queue huge panic.
I looked at my Revision timetable bleary eyed this morning and it actually woke me up faster than a caffeine rush. I realise now I've been trawling through revision this week at quite a comfortable pace-two topics, maybe three a day. I looked at what I'd lined up for myself today and it said "Everything", I very nearly imploded on the spot. It was not good.
I am actually panicking now-it has got to the stage where I'm having to stop myself from shaking-it's a hot day and I'm shivering lol. Lol is actually not the right word-the right word would be "Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!"
If my hair wasn't so short and so wouldn't end up looking like I was balding-I would be pulling it out right now. Who invented school? Who? And did they have to go through it? No-because they were adults when the thought up the sorry mess and so totally skipped the fear of total failure.
Maybe I'm being a bit harsh- but seriously I'm nearly hyperventilating here.
What if I do fail? That's the big question- I don't think I could cope- I think I would just retreat into my own little world and rock myself into another dimension. I would go mad.

Anyway let me for a minute try and take my mind off the potential hazards that await me tomorrow and say a bit about my day.

I accidentally had a lie in, which was bad. When I lie in I find that instead of feeling more refreshed and awake I feel the urge just to bury my head into the sheets, down some paracetamol and wish the heavy tiredness away.
Definitely not a good way to start off the day you are meant to be revising "EVERYTHING"

I stumbled downstairs in a haze of sleep and what ifs and somehow made it to the dining room where I collapsed with an ungracious thump onto this very chair, opened up word and nearly spat out my freshly made coffee. After that I must have retreated into some world only known to me where the only words are in fact "Help" and "Crap".

Ten minutes later and fresh from a pep talk from my inner (better) self I went upstairs, showered dressed and returned feeling more confident. I had revised all holiday, I had done my best, It was obvious that there was going to be no way in hell that i would ever manage to revise everything so I should shoot down that mishap right now.
Instead I would go out, get my head cleared and return fresh and ready to face at least one if not two subjects. It was with that "clever" thinking that an hour later my sister and I set off for the heat of Newcastle. And boy...was it hot.

We spent the next two hours dipping in and out of various shops and reciting one thing. "If I had some money..."
It was bliss. We sat by the monument and read magazines, people watched and yes...Judged. The amount of people wearing handkerchiefs on their heads reached an almost unbearable level at one point.

However the peaceful witterings of my mind were once again under fire when I got home and the computer screen flashed accusing glances at my direction. Revision I had to do. There was now no escape.
So here I sit, notes scattered, head in hands (how I'm still managing to type is now beyond me) will well and truly battered.
There is no end in site. This will be my life for three weeks.

It is with a heavy heart (and head) that i say
Au Revoir

No comments:

Post a Comment