Tuesday 4 August 2009

Babbling And Rambling...

So I'm sitting at this computer, coffeed to the max and still feeling lazy. How? How after 3, (yes 3!) cups of coffee in 3 hours is this actually possible? Tbh I don't actually think it is possible I think something just went a bit wrong for me lol. I think it's now time to put down my lovely coffee stained cup and step away slowly so that I'm not lured back into this craving nightmare anytime soon.

I'm currently in love with Ryan Adams. He is an amazing song writer not to mention the guy has quite a voice :) Sylvia Plath (the song) is so relaxing and also I can totally relate to it. I wish I had a Sylvia Plath tbh. How cool would that be? Pretty damn cool I hear you shout and you are right. Sylvia Plath was the epitome of crazy but in a sophisticate wonderfully talented way. She basically, in my opinion, oozed class out of every word she wrote. The Bell Jar ranks high in my favourite books of all time, coming just a close second to The Great Gatsby which is Summer Sunshine and Jazz music in a book.

Summer is the perfect time for reading. You can sprawl out anywhere and just stretch your mind with thoughts of other worlds or cities or times. Yesterday I was deep in Whitby, smelling the sea salt and clean breeze and tingling whenever Dracula made an appearance. Today I'm deep in the American Depression and tomorrow I think I'll give 1920s America another try. I have music that goes with each book. For example The Great Gatsby goes perfectly with Miles Davis or Bill Evans Trio; Alice in Wonderland is 7.01 minutes of hazy smokey bars and women in floating dresses. I can envision the lawn parties when I hear Billy Holiday, Bessie Smith and Ma Rainey.

Summer so far has been full of utter LOL moments and mentally unstable times. Perfection really. I have my friends to thank for that and also the nonsense ramblings of my brilliantly mad mind :) Here are some pictures from yesterday:
(I am the one with the short hair, Becca is the other one)
Well I think that's enough for now. I can't really think of much to say lol. Weird.
Anhoo
TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment