Thursday 11 June 2009

At the moment I am going through a phase of being obsessed with World Party-I often go through these phases when music is involved.
While I was listening to them I felt I should tell others to listen to them too as they are, if we are being honest which I'm trying to be, pretty damn good :) I'm listening to their song Basically and it's great, it has everything; good vocals, catchy beat and lovely instruments that you can actually hear- you'll see why I said this later. Something that really annoys me (I know unfairly so) is Robbie Williams and his cover of THEIR song She's the one. It only annoys me 'cause everyone thinks it's his stupid song. They don't know it's a cover. Grrrr soo annoying considering that World Party's original is, err let me think, oh yeah WAAAAAY better :)
Sorry just before I end this paragraph I want to say-Listen to "Give it All Away" if you ever feel the uncontrollable urge to yell "THAT'S WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT!" :D which just then weirdly I did lol.
Anyway yes, to go back a bit to when I said the thing about hearing instruments. I feel it's now time for me to explain why I hate heavy metal. I have ranted about this to just about anyone who will listen (yeah so not many lol) and these people have all got a good reason, I think.
I start off by saying "Heavy metal sucks", if they agree with this statement-good, they've just saved themselves along time of absolute boredom listening to my rant. If they disagree well sorry, they have now just given up their next half hour while I try and make them agree with me :) At the end I don't think even I care that they've probably only said they agree with me to escape me. If I could escape me I would lol.
Heavy metal along with rap is the root of all evil in music-difference being rap I can actually tolerate and god rap I can actually sometimes like :O. Metal-err narrr :) It's twisted really. They just yell. Yeah state the obvious why don't you. Yes thanks I will. What, can I just ask, is the point in yelling? Don't worry I'll answer that one; There isn't a point, that is the point. Whereas normal (year metal is abnormal I'm afraid :p) music has the power to make you feel all sorts of emotions, metal has the power to make you angry (or look like a retard as you head bang on the bus-never a good look-please don't kid yourself otherwise). Seriously even when the "singer" (ahem, wild beast *cough*) is singing (growling) about love he seems really pissed off and that is only when he's telling the audience he really loves love-imagine what it would be like if he hated love. I'm pretty sure the audience would leave with no ears lol. I realise this isn't a very convincing argument as to why I dislike metal. I'm aware I sound a bit manic lol but I'm not bothered. Metal is crap. It really is just noise, you can't respectfully call yelling into a mike-music. You can call it yelling. Also what is the need for some of these bands to dress up, you just know that all metal bands were the rejects in school, and no, not even the good kind of rejects, the kind of rejects that even the rejects didn't want to know. Haha I sound like a bitch lol, it's just i really do hate it and I guess I don't really have any legitimate reasons as to why. It just makes my skin crawl. This is the point where you would get up and leave if I were talking to you lol, i think at this point we would both feel relief that I had stopped :) So I will stop.
On to my day. History exam, goodness I love history lol. although I think I may have just failed that one- I felt really sick, but here's hoping huh? :)
I just realised when I said on to my day that actually nothing fun had happened so really there is no point in staying on this any longer lol.
TTFN
Au Revoir :)

No comments:

Post a Comment