Sunday 21 June 2009

All of the Truth

So I'm listening to Bright Eyes- this is becoming quite a regular thing really. I just think that Conor Oberst is actually amazing. Tbh Amazing is an understatement because his lyrics actually are incredible, poetic and just wow. I wish I could actually write how great they are and how wonderful he is but I can't. Words just don't come close to his talent really. I can associate my mood with his lyrics. For example "Smile at me and I will stay" is how I feel, "Say the word and of course I'll Stay" "Just please don't leave me guessing" just these three lines describe my mood today. Just wanted to say that lol.

Anyway Summer is here, it is it is. It's the 21st-so officially now SUMMER :D Whoooop :) Two whole months of lazy days sprawled out with a book and my IPod await me. Two months of wonderful shopping and coffee. Two months of dreaming and forgetting. Bliss. Hopefully all this will take place in the heat of a beautiful summer that has been promised. Ooooo I'm so happy :)
I have one more exam left and then that is it. They think it's all over.. IT IS NOW. I realise I'm making very little sense but I have reasons. My mind is a whir of the coming weeks, plans with friends and plans with myself await me :) No school, no stress and just freedom awaits. Pity about camping but it can't be helped really. Bring on the beach and BBQ's is what I say. Hola to the world in general and be happy with what you've been given (which hopefully is lots of toasty sun).

I'm actually very happy today, I am trying to forget the past and relish in the future. The future holds many things and lets not focus on the negatives like exam results, but more on the positives like bike rides by the river, Sunday lunches at lost pubs and catch ups with friends you don't actually need to catch up with. Joy of Joys summer brings so many random thought patterns I feel I have to voice them all.
Maybe there is something in the air or maybe it is just because I have time, that I feel like jumping up and down and screaming Yessss! It would be a stupidly unwise thing to do though as my 87 yr old Grandfather is here and any sudden movements could spur a heart attack-which would definitely bring down the mood quite a bit. I will just scream it in my head.

Summer is here and although currently you can't see it, the sun will soon be out to play, as will I with my sunnies and lotion and shortest shorts. Bring it on please.

Au Revoir

1 comment: